Thursday, May 22, 2008

2008 XTERRA LAST STAND TRIATHLON/DUATHLON


John Meyers raced the Duatholon at Fort Custer this Past weekend winning the Overall for the Duatholon. 2008 XTERRA LAST STAND TRIATHLON/DUATHLON
SUNDAY, MAY 18, 2008
1 862 John Meyers 44 M 1 run 10:38 trans. 0:55 bike 1 47:45 trans.1:00 2 29:28 overall finish time = 1:29:43
FIRST overall duathalon

Johns race report:

I returned to compete in the Xterra national race series at Fort Custer http://eliteendeavors.com/race_lastStand.htm,

My day started out a little rough with about 60 min. bike warm-up and a 5 min. run. During the run I stepped into a gopher hole and twisted my bad left ankle...ouch. Not sure if I was going to be able to compete I decide to shake it off and go to the start line. The foot race started and I was able to finish first and then into the transition to the bike. The first transition went fairly smoothly and jumping onto my new race rig I was excited...off down the trail and onto the course everything seemed good but a few bike issues (my fault "Q")occurred; chain suck middle ring up first climb damm! big ringed the balance, seat post slipped, first time; riding the bike, with lefty fork, disc brakes....back into transition I laced up my shoes and off for another run (4 - miles) the ankle felt bad and I had to watch every stick, rock and hole but was able to stay and take the WIN for the team. All and all I felt good and had a lot of fun on my new race rig.

A bid thank you goes out to Scotty "Q" for designing and building the custom ti-carbon frame.....Get well son bro we need you out there...Lumberjack and O2S are just around the corner so the new Lefty front end is going to smooth things out.
Again thanks to all of our great sponsors...Jason thanks for hooking me up with the Cannodale Lefty it is sweet!
John

No comments: