Tuesday, August 08, 2006

BIG M XC MI NORBA series

The Simonster, Joberon and Jason Lummis attended the Big M XC race in Wellston MI at the Manistee National Forest. With 10+ starters in the Elite field The Simonster took start and never looked back. Joberon and Lummis hung for most the race in the 6th and 7th spots riding and chatting about how cool it would be to be as fast as the Monster. NEXT RACE IS ORE to SHORE . Simonster report below:

Finally we got a break from the ridiculous hot weather we have had this summer and it was just in time for the Big M XC race, a perfect tune-up race for the Ore to Shore next weekend. The course was right up my alley with long straight sections followed by long gradual climbs. I can't ever really remember even using my brakes all that much. Robert started the race, and I found myself getting clipped right in while getting the whole shot. I was trying out a new pair of super light 29er tires from Stans called The Crow and they proved to be the hot ticket for the conditions. I just put it down as hard as I could off the start and found myself all alone after about half a lap. I could see Christian Tanguy lingering behind, but he lost contact by the end of the first lap. From then on, my lead grew each lap and I rolled in on lap 5 with the 8th win of the season.

No comments: